Numbness and tingling in the upper lip, face and nose. Took generic Zyrtec earlier. Serious something?

Hello, what would cause numbness and tingling in the upper lip, face and nose (right side mostly)? I took generic Zyrtec earlier in the morning for allergies. I do not have weakness , drooping, slurred speech. I can think and speak normally. I am calm, no noted anxiety.
The sensation feels just like post dental work when the nerve numbing medication begins to wear off. I did not take any other medications lately except the above mentioned and an antihistamine eye drops both eyes . The sensation is gradually subsiding as I write this note.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later

Thanks for query.
Cause of such symptoms should be sought as per the symptom duration and associated other clinical features.

Symptoms like as you described can be due to -
-hypocalcemia or hypomagnesemia
-transient ischemic attack

If the symptoms continue to persist and trouble you, visit your local Physician to rule the aforementioned possibilities.