Numbness and tingling in body, bad vision, plugged ears and slurred speech after smoking cannabis. Why do I react differently?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
After I smoking cannabis in about a minute my body would feel numb, i would have tingling through out my entire body and I pretty much can't move, I would have bad vision and feels like I get a outer body experience. I get plugged ears can't hear well and talk funny like i have down syndrome or something. I would get pressure in the middle of my forehead and sinus starts to kick in. It feels like my brain shuts down and i have no control. After one hour or so i would get really bad migraines thinking I'm going to die. I would still feel high for at least a week straight and then it starts to die down. I did this with my friends and laughed at me because of the way i was talking and acting I felt retarded. I want to smoke weed with my friends and be like them why do i react different. I smoked before i was on medication and smoked and while i was on it but had the same reaction.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Follow-up: Numbness and tingling in body, bad vision, plugged ears and slurred speech after smoking cannabis. Why do I react differently? 12 minutes later
started smoking at 19 and only smoked twice. Now that I'm 22 i have tinnitus and I'm sensitive to high pitch sounds as i said it felt like my ears were clogged when i smoked. Could that be the reason why i have ear problems now.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

The effects you have described after smoking cannabis are its normal effects due to its hallucinogenic effect. Since your friends are habituated to it, they have developed tolerance to this effect. Since you take it occasionally, the effects are more prominent. The effect on the ear might be related to cannabis smoking.

It is best to avoid cannabis smoking as your body is comparatively more sensitive to its effects.

Marijuana use is associated with otitis media, cochlear defects and higher sensory abnormalities.
I understand that it is a very difficult situation for you. But you need to quit cannabis for your better health.

If following your friends means putting your life at risk and ending up with nothing, don't you think it is better to be done away with such friends because of whom you are spoiling your health and life?

Please think about it, what will you gain by smoking cannabis other than ruining your health? Nothing, you will only end up being ridiculed by your peers. It is a loss to you in both ways.

I urge you to seek help from a councilor to help you get rid of the wrong notion about substance use and lead a productive and happy life.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.