Numbness and burning pain all over body. Test showed iron and VIT D deficiency. Reason?

I am a 43 year old female with a problem that I have endured all throughout my life. Since I can remember, I always had a burning pain on the left side of my body. The pain always starts from the left lower quadrant, and then the burning pain radiates to my left leg up to my left back side, to the left side of my neck, and to my whole face. Whne this happens, I also feel pain traveling up from my right foot up to my right knee. Sometimes with this burning pain I have pain in my eyes and a burning pain in my tounge. I can have this pain for a month or up to 6 months and then the pain vanishes. After the pain disappers, I feel OK for a little while until the burning pain returns. Recently, I did not have this pain for approximately a year and then the pain came back 2 months ago with all of its symptoms. Now the pain in the left lower quadrant is worse, and I have burning in the left site of the body again. I feel like something is poisoning me when the pain is worst in this area, and then i have nausea but no vomiting. 2 weeks ago, I began to feel a sharp pain in in the lower left quandrant under the pelvis bone, and I felt nausea and burning pain along with numbness, which was intense to the point that I felt as if I was shaking and I was weak. When I am lying down, the sensation that I feel is less intense, but when I begin to do physical activity, I feel the burning pain again. When I was pregnant (I was pregnant two times), I experienced this burning pain all the time, and the pain became worse towards the end of the pregnancy.
I saw a neurologist, and I had 6 MRIs of my brain and a lumbar puncture, but everything was fine. My bloodwork is also fine, except that I have anemia, elevated B12, and vitamin D deficiency. So, I am looking for an answer as to what causes this burning pain.
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
I understand your concern and have read your problem very intently.
Since you have been seen by neurologists many times and had many normal MRI's,it rules out any serious neurological and orthopedic problems.
The most probable and likely cause for your trouble seems to be deficiency of iron and VIT D.
I would advise you to take VIT D properly by taking it in the dose of 0000 units every week for at least 8 weeks followed by the 0000 units every fortnight for 4 months and then taking it once a month for your life.
The calcium supplement you are taking does contain VIT D ,but is proving to be inadequate.
Take care of your anaemia also,
Take proper nutrition by consuming fresh fruits XXXXXXX vegetables,milk products and nuts.
Since stress  and anxiety also play a lot of role in manifestations of such type of symptoms,I would advise you to resort to yoga,meditation and relaxation techniques like XXXXXXX breathing exercises.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Numbness and burning pain all over body. Test showed iron and VIT D deficiency. Reason? 2 days later
thanks for your respond.
so, i should take 10,000 units every day (it will be 60,000 per week) and after 8 weeks 60,000 at once every fourtnight for 4 months.

I cannot take multivitamins because my vit B12 is high (over 1000). Why my vit B12 is so high?

You can take it this way or 0000 units once a week.
Do continue taking calcium 1000 mg daily.
Levels of VIT B12 above 1000 are definitely high but generally don't cause any problem unless and until it is proved that there is associated liver disease like chronic hepatitis or cirrhosis or any type of leukaemia.
Discuss with your doctor about the possibilities of such ailments in you.
Follow-up: Numbness and burning pain all over body. Test showed iron and VIT D deficiency. Reason? 17 hours later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You are most welcome to ask any query any time