Numb in feet, back pain, bladder problems, urine infection, tingling in feet

hey my five year old daughter she gets numb in her feet on sitting for few minutes and tingling feet sometimes when we walk she will stop me to tingle her feet or toes,going to toilet she cant stand immeditely she will even scream of peace its really hard for us and herself,we have seen her doctor several times the problem startes on she was 4 and now its getting worse and its affecting her school am really in tears now writing these coz am confused what to do we have try x XXXXXXX blood test and now my doctor they say the pain will go away and another thing she has back pain especially in the morning,bladder problems she had antibiotics several times for urine infection and her vitamin D was low but she is on supplement for that for the last six month. please i need second opinion please please
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Inspite of frequent consultations with her regular doctor her problems seem to be increasing for an year. I do not think that her problem is simple and it requires an expert evaluation especially by a Pediatric Neurologist.

Tingling of feet and toes on walking, early morning back pain and bladder issues are pointing towards a probable pathology in lower spinal segments. Frequent UTI could be due to retention of urine in the bladder. Unable to stand up after getting up from toilet seat can be lack of co ordination which is consistent with the problems associated with spinal nerves.

She might need a major work up after a thorough sensory examination of pain, touch, temperature. They include Nerve conduction studies, MRI of the spine.

Hence it is prudent to ask for an examination by a Pediatric Neurologist. They are often booked far far ahead so best get her one now.

Hope it helps. If you have follow up queries I can certainly answer you, else please accept my answer.