Numb hands, tingling sensation. Is it ok to have drugs shot into ulnar artery ?

will I be ok if a Shot drugs into my Ulnar Artery? My hand is numb and tingley....
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Abid 2 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for the query. I will try to help you out.

That would depend on the drug you wish to inject. Injecting a vasocompressor or an embolic XXXXXXX into and artery can cause complications. Further, if you try to inject directly in to your Ulnar artery, there is a risk of nerve damage as it runs close to the artery.

However I encourage you against self medication and the option of probing your artery. Rather, talk to your doctor about it. He/she can rule out the possibility of nerve compression and treat you accordingly.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

Wish you good health.