Noticing blood while wiping off. What could be the cause?

When going to the toilet and wiping myself I notice blood on the toilet paper why????
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 30 days later
thanks for the query

blood in stool can be caused by several conditions ranging from mild to potentially severe conditions.

However, in young people, the majority of causes are benign and hardly do present with major problems concerning the management.

Common causes in young people include;
-anal fissures
-Infection of the digestive tract with germs such as E. coli, Salmonella sp etc.

It is better to XXXXXXX a doctor for detail examination and for appropriate diagnosis following the examination and probable tests.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards