Noticed yellow semen, irritation on the tip of penis and shaft. Can this be treated?

Urologist
Question
Hi im 21 yr old male have noticed yellowish semen for the since october of 2011.. im in the military and away from home and scared that it may be something bad so kinda scared to go to a military doctor. along with yellow semen comes along sometimes a irritation at the tip of the penis, like a burning and or itching,, sometimes also within the shaft. Can this be treated?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
While I believe this condition is treatable, it would be best if we ascertain the cause before we begin treatment. The exact cause of the yellowish semen cannot be pinpointed at this stage. To be able to help you better, I would like to know whether you are sexually active or not.
However, as this is associated with irritation at the tip of the penis, it points towards the fact that infection is the most likely cause. An anti fungal agent like fluconazole would be the most appropriate treatment at this stage. Since this is a prescription drug, I would suggest that you see a physician and get yourself evaluated.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow ups.