Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed yellow fluid on penis head. What should I do to remove this?

Jun 2013

i had my circumcision 9 days ago. i have noticed that a layer of yello fluid if forming above the head of the penis and also the circumcised part. i asked my doctor he said to clean it and remove it as it comes and is it is hard and the layer dosent come out thn to dip the penis in warm water for sometime n thn remove it. can someone please tell me is it advisable to remove the dried yellow layer because i when i read few articles they said that it is the healing process and should not remove it. i clean it completely till the whole yellow layer is gone and sometimes it also starts bleeding from the head part.

please advice me should i clean it completely o just clean from top with water flowing on it.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 23 minutes later
Hello there,

Please clean the entire yellow layer and keep the area dry or apply topical medication (powder or ointment) prescribed by your doctor to help with the healing process.

Please follow your doctor's instructions, and you should be fine.

Healing usually takes 14 days and please follow-up with your doctor as advised in the discharge summary.

Do not worry about bleeding since it is also a part of the healing process. You will also not bleed as much but if you think it is concerning please let your doctor know.

I hope this helped relieve your anxiety. Take care and have a lovely day !