Noticed white stuff and blood in stool. What is wrong?

Hi I'm Worried I went to the bathroom and my poop had white stuff and blood what wrong with me
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

If you are referring to the mucus as white stuff which usually is sticky white gel like
along with the blood makes me suspicious of you having enteritis.

This condition most often occurs due to bacteria and presents as above or sometimes
with watery diarrhoea.

You will need to be treated with antibiotics after being examined to confirm the fact.
A culture sensitivity test of the stool may be needed to place you on specific antibiotics.

Do visit your treating doctor to get examined and put on appropriate antibiotics.

Other possibilities of such bleeding would be a growth in the large intestine which can be
well ruled out with a physical examination.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.