Noticed white sticky liquid from urethra. Anything serious?

Jul 2016

I have some white sticky liquid coming from inside the uretra. It smells bad, and causes me itch. It comes out if i squeeze my penis, and im sure its not semen or urine.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is not a serious issue. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have thick sticky liquid coming out from your urethra. Mostly this is a mucus secreted by mucus glands (Bulbo -Urethral glands) situated in urethra.This secretions acts as a lubricants which helps in free passage of thick semen through urethra during ejaculation.. This secretion is excessive in your case and is most likely to be due to inflammation of the urethra. Please get swab test and culture of this secretion done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please start taking broad spectrum[ antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily. Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.