Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white specks in urine. What could it be?

Jul 2016

I seem to be having strange white rice like pieces in my urine. I was just curious if that was normal. I happened to take a pregnancy test this evening and caught the urine in a clean cup and that is what I found. Thoughts?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later

White specks /rice like particle are sometimes associated with chronic cystitis.

In the absence of clinical symptoms, it is difficult to speculate if you really have this condition. A routine urine test can tell us.

Therefore I suggest you to get your urine tested and accordingly consult a qualified urologist for further management.

In the interim ensure to consume more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

With Regards