Noticed white patches on tongue. Kissed a girl a few times. Found the patch disappeared after few days. What can this be?

HIV AIDS Specialist
5 years ago I kissed a girl few times and then i noticed after few days or probably couple of weeks my tongue had white patches, i cannot show, but as i checked on Internet, it appears as it was geographical tongue. I consulted few doctors and they gave different medicines. It remained there for 7-8 months probably and then one day i decided not to see my tongue for a month in Mirror, even while cleaning. One day i noticed that my tongue was back to normal and it was all clean, with no more spots. What was it? I am unable to understand the reason, but this i am not sure if it was due to kissing? Now my tongue is perfect. Just wanted to know if was it something serious like possible exposure to HIV or it just happened at that time? currently i have a problem where hair on my beard are not coming at some parts. I consulted a dermatologist and taking medicine. But are these 2 cases related by any chance? I had normal blood test 2-3 times in all these years. everything is ok This really makes me worry if everything is ok? Thank you Doctor (AB)
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kissing negligible risk.Alopacia areata is curable

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Kissing carries a negligible risk towards HIV. Moreover your blood test was also nonreactive. So just forget about HIV.
Geographical tongue can occur in 2-3% of general population. The exact cause is not known. Vitamin deficiency, Tobacco chewing and smoking, psychological stress etc. are attributed and it is not a harmful condition and as it becomes normal for you simply forget about the same. It has no relation to HIV or loss of hair in your beard area.
Localized loss of hair at your beard region is called as Alopacia Areata (AA). It can be treated by a Dermatologist. So consult a Dermatologist for your AA. It will take 3-4 months to become normal. Nothing serious and not to worry.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Noticed white patches on tongue. Kissed a girl a few times. Found the patch disappeared after few days. What can this be? 3 hours later
Thank you Doctor. Just want to clarify that I had blood test 2-3 times normally one was like while joining a company u have medical and physical checkup. So by that i mean it was not specific test for HIV.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kissing may not need HIV test.Risk is negligible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Sorry I took it as they include HIV test also.

Normally the medical check up before joining in a job does not include HIV test except that of job in abroad and immigration purpose of certain countries.
If your sexual experience with ladies is just kissing alone, HIV test is not necessary. If you ever had vaginal sex or anal sex with some unknown person, then it is better to have a HIV test and rule out the possibility of HIV.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan