Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white patches on penis, no pain or discomfort. What am I suffering from?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
What can I do for my penis infection?
White patches on the red portion of the penis.
No pain or discomfort.
Newly married. Wife was suffering from UTI.

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 52 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Your description indicates possibilities of bacterial or fungal infection. As your wife was suffering from UTI, it is quite common to have some infection.

You need to be examined clinically for the size, shape, position, color of the patches and other signs.

You need to continue the Zole F ointment. Besides, you have to take a fluconazole group of systemic antifungal agent. If clinically indicated, a course of doxycycline should be considered.

You should wash the area frequently. Keep it clean and dry. If you experience any itching, you should take a cetrizine 10 mg at bed time.

Use barrier contraceptive like condom during intercourse, for a minimum period of one month. Your wife should also be treated in the same time by fluconazole group of drug.

So, right now, you need to consult with a dermatologist in person for a detailed clinical examination and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed white patches on penis, no pain or discomfort. What am I suffering from? 15 minutes later

Can you please inform me the name and dosage of medicines mentioned (fluconazole and Doxycycline).

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 13 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, i cannot tell you the frequency and dosing of the medicines in internet. For this, you need to consult with a dermatologist in person.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed white patches on penis, no pain or discomfort. What am I suffering from? 22 hours later

I am suffering from chicken pox from yesterday.
Should I take Varilrix vaccine ? Is it safe to take Varilrix after exposure?
Can I use Zovirax ?

What do you suggest?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, as you are suffering from the disease currently, you should not take the varilrix vaccine.

You can take the zovirax. It will reduce the disease progression.

Regards.