Noticed white patch on arms. Diagnosed with Tinea versicolor. What should I do?

Skin: Dear Doctor I have noticed a white patch coin size developed on my left arm and two very small size on my right too it has been six months passed by however the spots still persisting I had been to a skin specialist a couple of months back for which the Doc pricked with needle and confirmed that it may be teniavascular and suggested an ointment for the same however there has been no spread further. I believe that the spots are less visible due to my skin complexion. would request you to guide me on this attached image of the same thank you
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Image is missing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I do not see the image here. Kindly try re-attaching here. Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Noticed white patch on arms. Diagnosed with Tinea versicolor. What should I do? 16 hours later
please find attached as I am fair in complexion circled the area. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Tinea versicolor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the image. I have seen the image attached. It appears to be Tinea versicolor, do continue the ointment given. If the ointment given by dermatologist is not helping you can apply MICONAZOLE ointment applied twice daily. This may take time but will disappear without any mark. Regards,