Noticed white grey patch on head of 10 year child after hair cut. Should go for paediatrician advice?

My son is 10 years old and we noticed just a few days ago a white/gray patch of head on the top side. I took him to the salon last night for a hair cut (which is very short with clippers) and he flinched and said ouch when she came to the spot. There is a small red are with white hair coming from it. He said he doesn't really hurt. He doesn't remember hurting/hitting it. He is in 4-H has animals, we live in the country and he has an 8 year sister. We went to Florida and spent time in the ocean two weeks ago.......should I be concerned something has bit him, should I take him to the pediatrician?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Examination is required for diagnosis.

Either upload a photo of it for further advice, or consult a Skin specialist/Dermatologist for examination and diagnosis.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,