Noticed white cream like stuff on feces. What could it be?

Hi, I'm a 30yr old female. I have a 9mo baby. A couple of days ago I saw white cream like stuff on my feces and today I saw a long tangle white string on my feces. It had almost the same diameter as spaghetti, I tried to pick it up with a stick and it kind of looked stretchy like a soft rubber band. I cannot tell how long it was because it was wrap/tangled around the stool. I had another vowel movement a couple hours later and some other small pieces about an inch or so long came out but not as white and some were transparent. I had some mild cramps a couple weeks ago but I thought it was just me ovulating. I can feel some cramping right now but I think is because my period is due although I am a couple days late. Also I've notice some feeling of movement in my stomach its very mild and I can barely feel it I'm thinking is just gas I don't know, or my stomach just digesting. I am not regular with my bowels sometimes I get really constipated. Can you please give some insight of what that stuff on my feces might be, I'm freaking out and grossed out!!!! Thank you!
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The stools are made up of fibre residue, dead gut mucosa cells, mucus, dead bacteria and water content.
When you have irregular bowel habits mixed with constipation at intervals; the water content is less and stool is more dense, as a result the mucus comes to surface and occupies the crevices on the surface of hard stool and may look like a worm or some thing important.
Another possibility is that you might have passed the dead worm in stool and could be having live worms in your gut as well.
But I think you have seen this collection of mucus on surface of stool.
You can further clear your doubt by getting a stool examination for ova and cysts.
You should improve hydration, include fruits and vegetables in diet to provide fibres, if still constipated then you should take laxatives under supervision.
If you do not have any pain, distention in abdomen, you should not worry anymore.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Noticed white cream like stuff on feces. What could it be? 5 hours later
thank you for your answer. I have no abdominal pain. I'm still planning on seeing a doctor, but I have a couple more questions. My diet is really poor, since I had my baby I don't have time to have a decent meal I also have to say that I'm lucky if I'm able to drink one glass of water a day. I know it sounds crazy but I'm so busy running around all day that I sometimes forget to drink water.
In the case that I might have worms, will I keep seeing them on my stools? Or should I be alert of any side effects until I'm able to see a doctor?
I have a picture of my stool, I don't know if you want to see it but for some reason I couldn't upload it, if you need to see it I can mail it to you... thank you again, have a good weekend!
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
So you have a straight forward cause for you constipation, you should improve your water intake and must take it on regular basis. Best way is to keep a bottle loaded with 1.5litre water and end it by the time you go to bed.
you do not find worms regularly on necked eye examination but eggs are always found in lab tests if you have worms.
Seeing a picture would not help, in any case you need to identify the worm and it's species also for the treatment, so better to get stool tested.
Wish you a great health!