Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white coating on penis head and hurts while pilling foreskin. Related to fungal infection?

Jul 2016

Hi Doctor,
I saw some white film sort of coating on my penis head. The skin also is dry and hurts while pulling the head out to clean. I have not had any sex with anyone. I saw some posts about fungal infection. Is this my case? Please advise. I am in India and would like to know some anti fungal cream to try. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have Genital Mucocutaneous Candidiasis .
I would like to know if you are diabetic. If you have not tested your blood sugar so far please get your blood Sugar levels done . We would need fasting samples and a sample 2 hours after lunch done to rule out Diabetes.
Depending on the reports please consult some Physician or Diabetologist for proper management.
You can apply a clotrimazole gel over the affected area (after cleaning it thoroughly) twice daily for 3 days. You would also need an oral fungal like fluconazole for which you would need to see a physician.

If you have pain while retracting the foreskin, you may have Phimosis. Consult some surgeon after your present infection gets cured. You may need to get Circumcised ( a procedure where we remove the foreskin)
Please feel free if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.