Noticed white and red spots on arms, chest and belly. Having slight itching. Suggest medicines?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, My problem is about some white & red spot on my Arms. I am explaining the issue under 3 points

1- [attached Image ref= White Spot- hair Roots]- I notice dry white sports around hair roots of arms (above elbow) and not in this rainy season they are also visible below elbow. The below elbow part sport are also itching sometime. Please see the image Its upper arm image.

2- [attached image ref= redspot 1,2,3] This is again upper arm ( below shoulder) these are similar sport but they are pink. In morning they looks very red. If I rub then while bathing then they look less red LIke in image. It seems many red sport merged together. Please refer the attached image.

3- The small white ( bright) also visible on my chest & belly. These are also at root of hair like point#1.

The spots on arms are for a long time, may be 10 year but they were seen only in particular season, but now they are more visible. Last month, I notice that all spot in my hand were disappears, but suddenly they appear this month. It may be due to rain, but not sure. There is also some itching on my back.

Give me some solution/medicine which I can apply on my whole body. Cream might be difficult to apply on whole body including back side.

Thank you
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. You have given an excellent description and good photographs. The most probable diagnosis according to me is Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP). It is a disorder of skin characterised by hyper proliferation of skin and is seen as white or red patch mainly around hair follicals. Please apply flutivate E lotion. This will give you relief. Apply it for a week and let me know the response. Take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine, if you have itch. Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
You have given an excellent description and good photographs.
The most probable diagnosis according to me is Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP). It is a disorder of skin characterised by hyper proliferation of skin and is seen as white or red patch mainly around hair follicals.
Please apply flutivate E lotion. This will give you relief. Apply it for a week and let me know the response. Take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine, if you have itch.
Thank you

Follow-up: Noticed white and red spots on arms, chest and belly. Having slight itching. Suggest medicines? 23 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX
I just bought Flutivate E Cream = Fluticasone Cream BP.

Do I need to use it once in a day?

I will update you within a week.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes XXXXXXX Thats the cream. Ya use it once daily. Let me know the response. Thank you

Detailed Answer: