Noticed white and pink bumps behind wisdom teeth. Should I be worried?

I am a healthy 28 year old male. I have noticed some roughness in a couple places in my mouth and just wanted to make sure it all looks okay. both places can be seen in the picture I attached. The first place is if you look from my tooth with the broken crown down and to the left there are a couple of white bumps. the second place is behind my lower molar where a wisdom tooth was. There is some pink bumpiness there. just wanted to make sure everything looks okay. thank you and Happy New Year!
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 18 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
After going through the reports attached here, it looks like it is not something which we should be worry about.
You should worry only if following symptoms are present-
1] sudden and painful increase in size of bumps.
2] Bleeding or any kind of discharge from bumps.

In that case only, you should approach surgeon for detail examination; otherwise no need.
Similar bumps occur usually in mouth , cause is unknown most of time though viral etiology is said to be cause.

Sometimes constant irritation from tooth decay can lead to similar bumps which resolve once it is cleared.
So you need not worry. I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, feel free to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Noticed white and pink bumps behind wisdom teeth. Should I be worried? 42 hours later
There is a bump behind the wisdom tooth which has become painful and is a little white. I have attached two photos of it. What does viral etiology mean? That does not mean oral HPV right? That is a paranoia of mine though there is very slim chance I could have contracted it as I am not sexually active. I am likely worrying about nothing I am sure. Your expertise is much appreciated. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

I have seen the reports attached. It looks like it is infected as you have pain too. Infection can be from decaying tooth seen up there. You can consult dentist and get the focus treated and you may need antibiotic to cover it.
HPV causes lesions which are warty looking so you need not worry. It does not look like that.
I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.