Noticed wheezing during laughing. Do not smoke. What could this be?

Lately I notice whenever I laugh I hear a wheezing in my chest and wonder what it could be. The dr's. say my lungs sound good, but isn't that a sign of something wrong? Plus, whenever I push out air on purpose thru my mouth to the fullest extent, it wheezes also. I am a non smoker and am 5ft 6 weighing 124lbs.
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The wheezing that you hear on laughing can be due to constriction of the airways caused by the cool air that gets in suddenly while laughing.
A mild viral infection of the airways can also cause this symptom. You can do a steam inhalation with a few drops of eucalyptus oil daily and see if it helps.
Also get your lung functions evaluated by a spirometry test. If this comes normal then there is no need to worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Noticed wheezing during laughing. Do not smoke. What could this be? 24 hours later
I do have another rather strange thing that has been bothering me for a little over a month. I started walking this spring and summer at the walking track or at home on my treadmill for about 2 to 3 miles. I have started noticing after I finish walking, I have this strong ammonia smell. It is like I am breathing it and I have looked it up and find that it could be kidney failure and other things. Could you please tell me what I should do about this and what kind of tests I should have done?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs investigations to find out cause.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The strong ammonia like smell could be due to nasal sinus infections, constipation, oral infections, bronchitis or due to more serious issues like renal failure. A detailed examination by an ENT specialist and a physician with a few blood tests will help in detecting the exact cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.