Noticed weight gain and acidity after surgery for Fistula. Is there a way to avoid second surgery?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am attaching my reports. I have been diagonised with Fistula and have been recommended to undergo a surgery. I had a surgery on March 1, 2012 for Anal Splincter as I was suffering with blood in stools. I took a month to recover then and a repeat of issue in less than two years is worrying me. Further, I have a recurring problem of acidity and I take anti-acidity medicines like PAN40, HAPPY-D, OMEZ, RANTAC150 on a regular basis. After my above surgery, I put on about 13 kgs of weight and have developed a pretty big tummy too. I am worried, a second surgery might further increase my weight and tummy. I am 5.5" and weigh 74Kgs now with a 38 size waist. Is there a way I can avoid surgery for fistula and still be normal?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 7 days later
Brief Answer: surgery may benefit you Detailed Answer: Dear Mr XXXXXXX I have gone through the uploaded reports. First of all, your acidity and the fistula in ano are not related. For your acidity, please take medications as advised and make diet and lifestyle changes as advised by your physician. As for your fistula in ano, it appears a surgery might benefit you in all case. Your weight gain has no relationship to your surgery; it is more related to your diet and lifestyle. As far as diet is concerned take lot of fluids, avoid oily and spicy food and have a large intake of food high in fibers including leafy vegetables. Take care