Noticed warts on scrotum. How to get rid of it?

My husband just showed me three warts on his scrotum & on the upside not underneath. One is bigger than the other two but they are not in a "cluster". He said he noticed them a couple of months ago & forgot to ask our Family Physician on Friday. We have not had sex since my stroke & then the horrible menopause since 2006. He works out of our State & I don't believe he has been unfaithful to me. They look just like warts. Can you give me something to work with? THANK YOU!
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Warts are small, sometimes raised, skin tag like projections that look like, for lack of a better comparison, cauliflower, in that the surface is usually irregular with small projections and folds. They can be quite small.

Do not jump to a conclusion. The simplest way to sort this out is to have him go to his primary doctor. One can be biopsied and sent to a pathologist to tell you for sure.

The virus that causes this may have been present for decades. They tend to occur in times of decreased immune suppression.

So just encourage him to go get them checked out. They can also be "burnt" off using something called Tri-chloro acetic acid. They are very common and should not be ignored.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have followup questions!