Noticed warts on neck after delivery. Started spreading. How to get rid of this?

Dermatologist
Question
I am 24 years old. I am having warts on my neck.I have noticed this only after my pregnancy last year.
It started with only one wart and I feel it is spreading day by day.
The complexion of my neck portion is also getting darker.

Kindly suggest how do I get rid of this problem.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 45 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
During pregnancy due to hormonal changes pigmentation issues can occur. To treat the same use of sunscreen with good sun protection factor is advised( shadowz or photoban) in the morning. Apply a hydroquinone steroid and tretinoin based cream in night over affected area( skinlite or melalite cream). You may also take few sessions of chemical peels. However let me know if you are breast feeding as in that case treatment needs to be changed.

As far as warts are concerned these can be effectively removed by electro cautery procedure. For the same you need to consult a dermatologist.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be any further query, feel free to write back or else we may close the discussion.

Dr Kalpana Pathak

Follow-up: Noticed warts on neck after delivery. Started spreading. How to get rid of this? 9 hours later
Thanks alot for the reply Doctor!

I'm not currently breastfeeding. Can I take any cream with the above ingredients / specifications that you've mentioned.

Few of my friends mentioned that removing warts through any laser procedures might actually increase their count. Also, Is it safe to get them removed in a reputed beauty parlor (burn treatment) or through ayurvedic medicine. Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
If you are not breast-feeding, you may safely use the treatment I suggested in my previous post.

For wart removal, I would not advise a parlor treatment. Lasers can be used but electro cautery or RF Cautery is more cost effective procedure. There might be options available in Ayurveda but I am not aware of those. However, be assured cautery is a onetime procedure with definite results.
Regards.