Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed warts above penis. Not cured by using acid fluid on it, moisterising cream and freezing. Worrisome

I need to know what this is?

looks like 2 warts above my penis.

I have visited 4 doctors in denmark, which told me 4 different things, and tried 3 different things. Which non of it worked.
They tried using acid fluid on it, moisterising creme , freezing them. nothing of it worked.
The freezing made it less but it came back bigger, they frooze them 3 times over 3 weeks.

best regards
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your lesions as I can see in the photos are fairly good sized and vascular that's why the measures used were a failure every time.
They are wet warts secondary to viral infection and tend to spread and have recurrence, in your case they never vanish.
You need to consult you dermatologist, who would peel them off with a LASER Cautery.
Optionally your plastic surgeon can remove them through surgical excision also.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Noticed warts above penis. Not cured by using acid fluid on it, moisterising cream and freezing. Worrisome 15 minutes later
Are they contagious? I have had intercourse many times since I got them, but none are infected.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi Weber,

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physicians!
These lesions are contagious but the condition is that the exposure should be fairly prolonged, repeated and the host should be susceptible.
And besides there is a long incubation period before the wart grows after exposure.
And above all there can be a rule in biology...There are people who never develop HIV infection despite repeated exposure to proven HIV/AIDS patients.
But you can get more such lesions if they stay there so please take measures to get rid of them in time.

I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to post your view in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX