Noticed veins in scrotum. Have dark patches on penis. Diagnosed with seborrheic keratosis. Any ideas?

Thank you. I have two issues. First, I have noticed some veins in my scrotum are quite dark and eventually dried, clotted blood like spots above these veins move to the surface to flake off.secondly, I have two dark brown (smooth) patches, one on my penis shaft and the second at the juncture of my penis and scrotum. One of these spots was recently tested by a dermatologist who determined it was pigmented seborrheic keratosis. He said it could be numbed and scraped off. There was no evidence of hpv in the biopsy. Do you have any input on the dark vein/blood flaking issue and suggested options for cosmetic removal of the two dark spots?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 7 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .
The dark veins on the scrotum are a normal phenomenon . There is nothing to worry about the same .

The Pigmented spots/keratoses can be removed with the help of radiofrequency where the area is made numb first with a cream and then the spots are touched with a pen like instrument and in lay man terms burnt off. The beauty of the machine is that it does not leave behind any permanent XXXXXXX or scar in the area . There will be a scab formation in the area which will last for a period of 7 to 10 days and once it falls off , the skin over that area will be completely clear .

Thanks and Take care
Follow-up: Noticed veins in scrotum. Have dark patches on penis. Diagnosed with seborrheic keratosis. Any ideas? 11 hours later
Thank you. Do you have any comment about what appears to be the migration of small blood spots from the dark veins in my scrotum to th surface where they dry and flake off?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 11 hours later
Thanks for your query .

Small bleeding spots in the veins can result in minor bruises and change in the texture of the skin in the scrotal area which can result in flaking and dryness. You should apply a good moisturizer in the area to maintain a healthy texture of the skin .