Noticed urticaria after eating. Took loratadine. Continue tablet. Any cream?

Hi there, I seemed to have eaten something that has triggered a heat/pressure urticaria all over my torso, some on arms and neck. It started yesterday around 4pm. I took a loratadine 10 mg on the plane and it was still fierce at 10 at night so I took 10 mls of Benedryl for children (all I had available) and still there was no abatement. The only thing working is cold. I am now typing at 9am in the morning. Can I take another Loratadine? Should I get a cream? Is there a different antihistamine that I should be taking? It is memorial weekend and I live a fair distance from a medical centre so advice on what I can take to get this allergic reaction under control would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

If you are sure that urticaria started following consumption of food allergic to, then Loratidine must have helped.

Anyway you can try a better antihistamine like Levocetrizine once now and rest for some time as it induces mild sedation.

There would be no need for any creams as they may not be effective.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there any other concerns.