Noticed ulcer in mouth after protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex. Am I at any risk?

8 days ago I did something very stupid for the first time (and last) in my life. I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with a call girl (received oral sex from her and also did cunnilingus to her). A lot of doctors that I spoke with told me not to worry about HIV because it cannot happen that way and that I don't need test and should move on with my life. I was convinced that nothing is wrong with me until yesterday. The reason is that I saw an ulcer in my tongue and that made me worry because I know that's one of the HIV symptoms. Another reason for this might be the anxiety from the hole incident. A third reason might be that a wisdom tooth is starting to appear. What do you think might be the case? Can you please give me an advise?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later

First of all please relax.

Transmission of HIV through oral sex is very rare.

This ulcer as you suggested can be due to other cause or other STD.So it would be ideal to get checked for other STDs, as they can spread through oral sex.Mouth ulcer is not typical or directly suggestive HIV.Again HIV is unlikely to present in such a short duration.

HIV transmission anxiety is quiet natural in cases like yours and in my experience most patient don't feel relieved till they get tested.So even though I don't suspect HIV it would be good to get tested for HIV after 6 weeks.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.