Noticed traces of blood on the glands of penis. Could I ask a doctor?

Jul 2016

Yesterday, after I showered and toweled off, I noticed very small traces of blood on the glans of my penis. Later in the day, at a time when I was very hot and sweaty, I checked and there was again tiny traces. Today, after showering and toweling off it was there again. It is not coming from the urethra, it seems to just be surfacing from the skin of the glans. There is no blood in my urine or ejaculate, I have no problems with urination, and I have no sores, blisters or warts on my genital area. I did have unprotected sex twice a couple months ago with a female friend who I know to have had unprotected sex with other men. Two or three weeks after these sexual encounters, I had a soaking night sweat, but it only lasted one night and my lymph nodes never swelled, so I though nothing of it. I do not have insurance, and it will be at least a month or two before I will have the money to see a doctor.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

You have noticed small traces of blood on your glans penis very recently,

In absence of any urinary symptoms and symptoms of STD like discharge ,itching or haemospermia it is most likely to be an isolated episode of minimal infection of the glans penis
(Ballanitis) or due to friction of glans against towel.

Though you had history of unprotected sex with a woman who has sexual relations with other men in absence of any symptoms of STD it is unlikely to be either STD or HIV.However you can get basic tests for STD and screening test for HIV done to allay your anxiety.

In the mean while Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.