Noticed tonsils hanging long enough to sit on tongue. What can be done?
User rating for this question
There feels like something is sitting on my tongue. When I look in the mirror my tonsils hang low enough to sit on my tongue. No pain nor soreness. Very annoying feeling. Went to ER did scope in throat. Dr said nothing there. What to do ?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep good hygiene of your throat... Detailed Answer: Hi, If no pain nor soreness, and the ER did scope in the throat without nothing visible, then, there is nothing to be worried about. I'd suggest to keep good hygiene of your throat: wash your mouth with water and salt, take 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil. Avoid eating too hot or too cold foods or drinks to ease your concern. If no improvement, can check again by an ENT specialist. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Bardha p.s. if you have more questions, feel free to write them back to me! I'd be happy to answer you.
People also viewed
- My ear makes an elastic band noise
- Ask ent prolonged barotrauma
- Baby withh bubbles on salivia gland
- Impacted tonsils swollen tongue
- Tinnitus and guillain barre
- Does balloon sinuplasty hurt
- Sore tongue with swollen tonsils
- Bug white bump on babys gums
- Babies bum is red
- Second hole above bumhole in babies
- Tonsils and tongue hurt
- Tonsil sitting on tongue
- Bartholins gland blockage home remedy
- Hole in babys bum
- Lump in between tonsil and tongue