Noticed tonsils hanging long enough to sit on tongue. What can be done?
User rating for this question
There feels like something is sitting on my tongue. When I look in the mirror my tonsils hang low enough to sit on my tongue. No pain nor soreness. Very annoying feeling. Went to ER did scope in throat. Dr said nothing there. What to do ?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep good hygiene of your throat... Detailed Answer: Hi, If no pain nor soreness, and the ER did scope in the throat without nothing visible, then, there is nothing to be worried about. I'd suggest to keep good hygiene of your throat: wash your mouth with water and salt, take 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil. Avoid eating too hot or too cold foods or drinks to ease your concern. If no improvement, can check again by an ENT specialist. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Bardha p.s. if you have more questions, feel free to write them back to me! I'd be happy to answer you.
People also viewed
- Abdominal pain after robotic hysterectomy taken tylenol advil benadryl normal
- Epiglottis and difficulty swallowing
- Eustachian tube dilation surgery
- For what reason methadone was originally manufactured
- Impacted tonsils swollen tongue
- Swollen throat glands difficulty swallowing
- Hypoplastic disc
- Sore tongue with swollen tonsils
- Diagnosed ulcerative collitis have excess hair loss taking biotin tablet
- Tonsils and tongue hurt
- Lines on the outer half of right eye dizzy cause
- Neck pain and swallowing difficulty
- Tonsil sitting on tongue
- Diagnosed with heptatis b can any online doctor help me
- Lump in between tonsil and tongue