Noticed tonsils hanging long enough to sit on tongue. What can be done?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
There feels like something is sitting on my tongue. When I look in the mirror my tonsils hang low enough to sit on my tongue. No pain nor soreness. Very annoying feeling. Went to ER did scope in throat. Dr said nothing there. What to do ?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep good hygiene of your throat... Detailed Answer: Hi, If no pain nor soreness, and the ER did scope in the throat without nothing visible, then, there is nothing to be worried about. I'd suggest to keep good hygiene of your throat: wash your mouth with water and salt, take 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil. Avoid eating too hot or too cold foods or drinks to ease your concern. If no improvement, can check again by an ENT specialist. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Bardha p.s. if you have more questions, feel free to write them back to me! I'd be happy to answer you.