Noticed tongue and neck swollen. Took benadryl. Should I go for medical treatment?

Jan 2013

My wife woke up this morning around 3AM with her tongue and the right side of her neck swollen. She can barely talk. She has taken a benadryl but it hasn't helped. We don't think it's an allergic reaction because no new food or products have been used. should I take her to emergency?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. should immediately run to emergency department. This type of swelling may be allergic and a form of angioneurotic edema.
If not treated in time, then it may be life-threatening.
You should consult with physician and allergy specialist.
If all things are normal then you should go for ultra sound imaging/ color doppler of neck to any major illness
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava