Noticed tip of penis is red and puffy. Burning sensation during urination. What could this be?

The tip of my penis is red and puffy, it burns when I pee. I noticed just inside the pee hole a tiny tiny dot where it is bleeding from what could this be.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 days later
Welcome to the forum.
Most probably, it is infection/ inflammation of the foreskin and the head of the penis.
Things that would help are---
1. Good hygiene - clean with soap and water at shower daily.
2. Application of local antibiotic ointment- like MUPIROCIN (T- BACT).
3. Oral antibiotic may be necessary depending on the severity of the problem.
The diagnosis needs to be confirmed by examination of the part.
The above information is meant to give you guidance on the initial management of the problem. Only an examination can be definitive.
Hope this helps.
Best regards