Noticed tender white head on urethra, no pain during urination. Had red itchy cut on interior of lips

Mar 2016

My name is XXXXX. Today I have noticed a white head on my urethra which is tender but no real pain during urination. A few days ago I noticed a 1-3mm round red cut on my interior side of my "lips XXXXXXX It's tender, sort of itches but not very painful. It is elevated & sort of hard. No clusters or discharge. I've noticed a cut like this before in the same spot but went away after a few days. This time it's larger & iches. My last sexual encounter was 2 months ago. I'm worried, can you please help me?

Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
White Head Pimple. Apply Anti-bacterial Cream.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX

What you are describing in your text is mostly suggestive of white head pimple. It is also called genital acne or pimple which can occur around urethral or labial region. This is mostly caused by bacterial infection in association with sweating, tight underwear, ingrown hair, boils, contacts with certain stuffs like chemical cosmetic/ bath products etc.

Second thing, above features are not suggestive of any type of STD or genital herpes as you do not involve in recent sexual encounter and there is no associated symptoms like abnormal vaginal discharge, painful urination etc. However, the diagnosis should be confirmed clinically after visiting to your doctor.

TREATMENT: I treat my patients with anti-bacterial ointment like neosporin or bacitracin. You must clean the area with anti-bacterial soap before applying the ointment. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your treating doctor after clinical examination.

Do not squeeze the pimples or white head stuff and it will automatically go away. You can wash the area with warm water or give hot compression after genital shaving to prevent future recurrence. Taking sitz bath with Epsom salts can sooth, cleanse and even dries a pimple in the genital area. Maintain your genital hygiene properly. Wear only cotton underwear. Keep genital area dry and avoid chemical contacts in future.

Hope, above said information is sufficient & very much helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen