Noticed swollen sweat gland in groin area. Should I treat this?

I woke up this morning to find what I suspect is a swollen sweat gland in my groin area, basically on my underware line. I have been hiking a lot lately and did several miles yesterday in shorts that were probably too tight. Lesson learned! When I put a little pressure on it it did drain a little, but not much. How should I treat this, and how long will it last?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing..
Pls keep the area clean and dry and apply antibiotic ointment or crème.
Consult a doctor early to check if it just the boil or XXXXXXX seated problem like lymph nodal enlargement and also whether you need oral antibiotics for quick recovery.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan