Noticed swollen raised bruise on bottom sternum, slightly painful to touch. Safe remedy?

I have just noticed a swollen or raised bruise on the bottom sternum not associated with any trama I can remember. It is slightly paineful to the touch. What isit???
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 minutes later
Sternum is a common site for development of keloids. (thickened skin )
Usually it is associated with trauma but sometimes it can just appear on its own.
Kindly upload a photograph of the lesion, this will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Noticed swollen raised bruise on bottom sternum, slightly painful to touch. Safe remedy? 59 minutes later
I don't have a camera and I am traveling. Kike I said in my question, I have no trana to the site and is not getting better. It is redded/purpleish and raised, the size is about 2.5" and raised, like a lump. moderately to slightly to the touch and exactly in the center botton of my sternam. I hope that helps. I did see on other sites that it could be indicative of strenam cancer and that got me concerned, especialy since the aklso associate it with liver disease.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
thanks for the excellent description. Dont worry it is not sternal cancer, as that will present with diffuse infiltration of skin and not as a single nodule. In hep c bluish lesions called as lichen planus are common but these lesions are present on extremities and are more itchy than painful and have no progression to malignancy.
So for now you dont need to worry at all.
When you get time, either you XXXXXXX a dermatologist, or send me a photograph .
Thank you