Noticed swollen lymph node on shoulder, pain in armpit. How to get cured?

I woke up this morning with a swollen lymph node on my right shoulder. From the location it looks like a deltopectoral node but not 100% sure. No other symptoms maybe some pain in armpit that comes and goes for about 2 seconds during the day. 42 male
Attached is a picture of the location.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
If the swelling is small ( Approx 1 am in size) and can be moved from side to side, then it may be an enlarged lymph node. Usually, the deltapectoral lymph nodes can be felt only on XXXXXXX palpation. Pain in the armpit would signify some kind of infection.
I would suspect that this might be the reason of you having these enlarged nodes.
If you have had an infection in the ear, nose, throat, chest or arm recently, we could understand why these nodes are enlarged. If that is the case, then they can be expected to settle down on their own in some weeks. If not, I would suggest you see a physician for a complete evaluation. Only a complete examination can reveal other enlarged nodes that you may be missing. If multiple nodes are enlarged and you have not had a recent infection, then a fine needle aspiration cytology needs to be done to rule out other causes.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.