Noticed swollen bruise on the dog bite site. Also have vertigo symptoms. Guide?

I have two concerns.
One is a bruise like circle XXXXXXX on where a dog bit me on my left upper outside thigh.
It was a small beagle but he had a sharp teeth to puncture on my leg last Nov.
I was emergency to be treated and notified from the township health dept. that the dog had all required shots, which made me relieved then. As I was instructed by physician's assistant, I had antibiotic for a week after the injection then released. I had swollen bruise then. I thought i would disappear soon and did not even looked at it until last night (which was found by an acupuncturist as an over 1 inch long (in diameter) bruise with a tiny dot in the middle. When I press, it hurts (mild degree). I wonder why it still remains this way, and did I take care the wound wrong? What could be done at this point (6 months past since the incident - in Nov. 2012 while I was walking around):

2nd concern is my vertigo symptoms. Especially, whenever I get up from my bed in the morning and getting up even from a chair, I feel dizzy so I have to be very slow to move. This started about one month ago when I suffered from cold and took Nyqcuill as a remedy. I also had started Procera (for better brain health) about two months ago (I wonder if it's related??). Thanks in advance for your time .
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 59 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns. In terms of your questions:

1) The first thing that comes to mind would be the possibility of a chronic inflammatory reaction over a small retained foreign body after the puncture incident; not necessarily infectious, as you completed antibiotics and are doing "fine". I would have it examined by a provider (eg. Dermatologist) who can take even a better look with a local magnifying glass.

2) Vertigo, the sensation of you or the objects around spinning intermittently has many causes, but in the setting of a recent respiratory infection, usually it can be caused by residual inflammation. Two processes, one called labrynthitis, the other vestibular neuritis, can give a syndrome of vertigo after a recent infection; the main difference within them is that with vestibular neuritis there is compromise of hearing (decreased hearing) since the inflammation involves the nerve that carries sound.
Treatment is usually symptomatic (medications to abort vertigo), and the condition can last even for several weeks. I advise you to see a provider who can conduct a full neurologic physical examination to make sure that other more worrisome causes of vertigo are not responsible.

Hope that is helpful, wish you the best health, blessings,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Follow-up: Noticed swollen bruise on the dog bite site. Also have vertigo symptoms. Guide? 3 days later
Thanks for your kind opinion.

Cold is gone but I still experience dizziness esp. when I get up from bed or chair so I have to move slowly.
Any home remedy for this? I don't have any health insurance and i noticed dermatologist's fee is very high compared to my primary physician who does apply special low rate for non-insurance holders.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 5 hours later
In terms of the skin lesion, I believe that a primary care provider could also look at it; in terms of the vertigo, some over the counter medications such as Dramamine can help, it should gradually subside as days go by

Wish you the best health