Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed swelling on penis after masturbating and foreskin becomes trapped behind the penis glans. Treatment?

Question
While Masturbating my penis got erected and the XXXXXXX layer of skin got expanded but even after finishing Masturbating my penis got relaxed and still top is covered with the red top XXXXXXX skin and its like a swollen top and the external layer of skin is not recovered back. Even after 24 Hours via swelling doesn't reduce instead its seems growing up. What might be the problem ? Why does my penis still looked swollen with red top ? what can I do to bring that back to normal ? What treatment should I undergo ? whom do I should contact now ? I have attached the photos with this please see that too
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 36 minutes later

I have seen the photographs. The symptom of foreskin being stuck up is called paraphimosis and it is a medical emergency. Consult ER immediately.

In this condition, the foreskin becomes trapped behind the glans penis, and cannot be pulled back to its normal flaccid position covering the glans penis. Whether circumcision is required or not depends on the time for which the exposure has occurred.

First of all, your doctor will try to compress the head of the penis while pushing the foreskin forward. Mostly it is a medical emergency and circumcision or preputioplasty may be required.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.