Noticed swelling on lips and neck pain after unprotected oral sex. Should I be concerned?

unprotected oral sex about 9 days ago. upper lips and bottom lip have been swollen for 7 day no pain, no sores and actually by bottom lip went down. also my neck been hurting for about 8 days not bad but it also swollen along with my inner checks. no pain in cheeks any more just some swollen.also my tongue is a little white no pain either.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The lesions you experience in your mouth, lips and hurting neck should certainly be due to a mechanical, traumatic consequences of the oral sex. Depending on the duration of the activity, the various positions of the neck during the process and the intensity of the activity are important considerations.
I suggest you just stay calm for another week and observe. Things should certainly come back to normal. In case of persistence or aggravation, this might warrant consultation with your family physician.
for now, be very calm. If the neck pain gets really hurting, simple analgesics like Acetaminophen might help. If not, watchful observation of the evolution is to me the reasonable thins to do.
Wishing you good health and best regards,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.