Noticed swelling on face especially under eyes. Started Cymbalata. Taken Vicodin for pain. Have high liver levels. What to do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just started Cymbalata and notice swelling on my face under eyes particularly should I stop it and is that deadly
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 38 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

You should stop it of course. Swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes is relatively common side effect and of course this is almost always benign and won’t cause any serious consequences. But you just need to be cautious and watch for some signs in next 24 hours such as breathing difficulties, nausea, vomiting, dizziness or heart palpitations. If you notice any of this, go to hospital. I don’t think it is necessary to take anti-allergic drug at this point, but if this swelling lasts for more than 2-3 days you should ask your GP about these drugs. And, don’t take Cymbalta ever again, take some other similar antidepressant instead of it.

Wish you good health. If you have any questions I will be glad to help.