Noticed swelling on cheek. Thyroid test done. How to overcome this problem?

My cheeks have bulges recently am not sure weather its due to cold have consult with family doctor he asked to check thyroid testing have checked thyroid testing its normal and there is no cholesterol as well . My weight is 58. I need solution how can overcome
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
hello XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing your query,

Cheek swelling can be the result of a various reasons .
It can be a symptom of an underlying dental issue that is causing inflammation in the mouth.
Allergic reactions and infections commonly cause cheek bulging.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes located in and around the cheeks.
A cheek may swell if it is damaged by some type of blunt force trauma.
Growths such as tumors or cysts can also cause cheek swelling.
Inflammation of parotid gland known as Parotitis also lead to cheek swelling.
Dental issues affecting the teeth or gums often lead to cheek swelling. Teeth can become abscessed; a pus-filled cavity may form in the gum or bone at the base of the tooth, leading to pain and swelling in all of the nearby tissues including the cheek.
Wisdom teeth that come in crooked or crowd other teeth, or become impacted, may also lead to enlarged, distended cheeks.

Another common cause of cheek swelling is an allergic reaction. If a person is exposed to an allergen, particularly if it comes in contact with face, then the cheeks may swell in response.
i would suggest you to get the evaluation done by a physicain by taking necessary tests and X RAYS .
OPG radiograph may help in confirming the underlying cause.
i hope this information helps you ,
take care.

Dr. Farah Hussain