Noticed swelling in upper middle chest and under collar bone. What could be this?

Question
Hi i have a sollen from the upper middle chest to the left upper side right under my collar bone, it's not a movable lump, left chest seems bigger too. i have little pain if i press on the area.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Is it hard to say what exactly caused your swelling , if you have pain, itching and redness of the skin in the swelled XXXXXXX , then is suggestive for exaggerated immune response, allergic reaction, if you have pain and high local temperature then possible can be infection, may be you was bitten by some insects, or you did physical exercises and your muscles where involved, anyhow make a detailed self-assessment and remember since when start your signs and symptoms and possible causes, but better if a Doctor will make physical exam to clarify your condition. To relieve the pain you may try Ibuprofen or naproxen.
I wish y good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Follow-up: Noticed swelling in upper middle chest and under collar bone. What could be this? 5 hours later
I was bitten by a wasp few month ago in the same area it was swollen immediately and i never noticed it ever since

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 18 hours later
Welcome XXXXXXX,
Now is more clear regarding your condition, possible this is latent exaggerated immune response due to wasp venom, now you may try oral and topical antihistamines: Benadryl or Cetirizine. Monitor yourself carefully, in some cases there after envenomation can occur secondary bacterial cellulitis, so if you will note increased pain , high local temperature, redness then you need in person consult the Doctor.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail