Noticed swelling in groin area. Cause of concern?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I am 69 year old male in good health (5'10 180lbs) still working. Last week I noticed my right groin was swelled and now it seems to be quite a bit larger. I hasn't pained me.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, the right groin swelling can be related to the following possibilities:-
1. Lymph node enlargement.
2. Inguinal hernia.
3. Tumour.

Without an opportunity to examine the swelling, I am unable to predict the closest possibility. Therefore I suggest you to consider consulting your surgeon for careful local examination. You also may need Complete Blood Count (CBC) with or without biopsy of the swelling (FNAC) to confirm the possibility.

In the interim watch the progress of the lump. Fast growing size of the lump and presence of associated symptoms are omnious signs.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.