Noticed swelling in clavicle. Received injection-tetanus booster. Using body vibe. Taking medicines for allergic asthma. Suggest?

I suddenly noticed a swelling just over my left clavicle while washing my face and neck tonight. I did not have this swelling this morning, nor have I ever had such a swelling before. A few days ago I received an injection in my left arm by my doctor's nurse: it was a tetanus booster. Also, the past three or four days Ihave been using a body vibe, putting my arms on the same to strengthen them. As well, the past two months i have been taking a lot of medication for allergic asthma, because i moved into a new apartment which had just been painted the day before; as well, I bought new furniture, the same which was gassing off. Asthma has improved, but have had soar throat from costicorticoids i think. Am rone to soar throats in any case, but usually on my right side not my left.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

With the multitude of medical problems related to throat and lungs, there is a possibility of this a lymph node enlargement.

However the clinical medicine warrants a physical examination of any lump in a 73 year old female. It needs to be diagnosed in either case of infection or malignancy.

The new apartment, new furniture fumes etc would cause inhalational toxicity to the upper part of the lungs. Chest Xray, lump examination and all the cervical plus axillary node examination has huge importance here.

I do suggest for a physical examination by the doctor especially when it is an odd symptom (left side node) which was not as earlier.