Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed swelling around penis. Ultrasound showed testicular masses. What should I do?

hello im a 21 year old male and I had a previous question that was answered and I was told I have an uti. I tried to wait it out and drink lot of water and cranberry juice, but just got worse. so this morning I got up to go to the bathroom and my penis was swelling around the shaft, so I went to the hospital and the tested my urine and said I had no sign of infection. they did a blood test and said that was fine then they did an ultra sound and said I have testicular masses but my testicals are not swollen. they gave me anti biotics and some medicine that makes my urine orange and told me I should be ok. I went home and went to sleep and woke up it was swelling a little bit more then I went to work and the swelling got worse and it still burns when I urinate. I don't know what to do.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection of testis and epididymis---------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. This is typical of infection of the sperm collecting tubes- epididymitis. Though the urine may not show evidence of infection, your symptoms point to UTI. UTI an epididymitis are closely associated. The next steps would be to give a midstream sample of urine for culture and sensitivity test. While waiting for results, you may start on antibiotics that is usually used for treating UTI like Quinolone group. Hoe remedy includes scrotal support and ice application thrice daily for ten minute each. ONCE THE result of urine test is available, appropriate antibiotics need to be selected and given for three weeks. Hope this helps, bbest regards