Noticed swelling and whitish growth on penis. On flucanzole 150 tab. Any advice?

Jul 2012

Dear sir,from fews days before I got infection to my genital organ (penis) with whitish growth outside and top portion outer skin get little swollen.It pains little.Dr has suggested medicine like Flucanzole 150 tab .Then it cures suddenly.But after a month period it appears again.During the treatment I avoid intercoure also.
Please advice me.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 28 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
From your history & symptoms, does appear to be a candidal balanitis & the fluconazole seems to work for you.
Are you married? Do you use a condom?
If the answer to the former is Yes & second No, then please remember in these fungal infections, both partners' need be treated simultaneously.
In the woman, a mixed infection usually persists.
So my suggestion is for both of you to take a 'single dose ' (one time) of a Forcan-T or Zocon-T kit comprising 2Gm tinnidazole & 200mg fluconazole assuming your wife is not pregnant & this may require a prescription in your area.
Also remember to treat all undergarments, fomites, towels etc in hot water & dry well in sunlight (good antifungal) & avoid damp clothes usage & keep your cupboards etc aired.
This should help you get over these issues. If no further questions, please do close this query , else it pops up as a follow-up in our inboxes & do give us a healthy rating :)
Cheers & wish you good health & a great skin!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India