Noticed swelling and scars on forehead of an infant. What should be done to remove these marks?

I have 27 days old baby boy,initially there was no scar on his face.but lately on his forehead there is a small 1/2 an inch triangular red XXXXXXX with swollen circular surrounding around it.the red XXXXXXX had popped up the very first week of his birth.but the swelling has been there for the last one week.the XXXXXXX hasn't increased or decreased in the last 3.5 a precaution i showed the XXXXXXX to a peadiatrician and she said the red XXXXXXX is due to cluster of blood vessels formed and will go with time and the swelling is because one of the vessels got this analysis fine? is it likely to grow in future,?by when will the swelling subside around the red mark?is there anyway that I can get rid of the red mark?can I take some precautionary step in order to stop it from growing?
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts to upload the photo, it is little blurred though, probably due to the close shot.
Her analysis seems to be correct.
These are called hemangiomas and it depends on the type whether it will disappear or progress.
Only time can say and urgent treatment is not recommended.
There is nothing you can do to stop growing except to see to that he does not get hurt in that area.
Wishing him good health.
Follow-up: Noticed swelling and scars on forehead of an infant. What should be done to remove these marks? 47 minutes later
Thanks for a speedy revert.i want to know is there a treatment for it?if yes what is it and at what age can we get it done?the XXXXXXX hasnt grown till now,is it likely to grow in future?is there any home remedy for the mark?upto what size at XXXXXXX can the XXXXXXX grow?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 58 minutes later
Welcome back.
It requires a surgical procedure, usually by a plastic surgeon, to get it removed. Depending on the defect found after removal, skin flap needs to be planned at the same setting.
It is usually not done at this age as there is high chance of regression.
There is no home remedy, unfortunately.
It may grow or regress and so waiting till he is one year is advisable.
Wishing him good health