Noticed swelling and itchiness on face after applying hair colour. Suggest some medication

I applied hair colour and after 1 hour i can see little swelling and itchyness on my face.I have taken avil 25 for time being .It reduced the icthyness to some extent but not the swelling. Can you pls suggest what medicine to be taken.Can I continue avil 25 by taking one more tab after 3hrs gap.
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 6 minutes later
Thanks for your question .
I would be pleased to answer your question .
You will need to take a short course of Corticosteroid as a prescription from your physician . It is an allergic systemic dermatitis .Please look out for any lip swelling , sore throat or difficulty breathing and visit the ER immediately on onset of these signs.
Do continue with the Avil 25 mg every 4 hourly .

Thanks and take care