Noticed swelling after nerve decompression surgery. Is this normal?

I am hoping so. I had nerve decompression surgery (trigeminal &trochlear nerves) on Feb 14th. I already had my post-
op which was this last Monday; however, I was still real swollen & it was basically to remove the sutures out of my head. I will be following up again in 3 weeks, but I was told to call if I had any problems. My doctor is out of the office on vacation & I am just trying to find &'read up on complications after this kind of surgery & if what's going on is normal and if and when I should need to see a Dr.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
hi and thanks for your question,
Inflammation or swelling is an expected complication of this surgery. You need not bother. The swelling is going to ease with treatment. However, if other symptoms like clear fluid draining, severe pain.fever or severe headaches, you might to consult faster.
With treatment, the swelling will gradually decrease. Thus be calm.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.