Noticed strange painful marks on foot. Should I be worried about STD?

Jul 2012

I have a strange XXXXXXX on the ball of my foot. it is about 1.5-2 inches in diameter and just developed yesterday. There is a mild pain when touched, and i could feel it before i took off my shoe. The sock i was wearing was quite thin so i though maybe this was friction induced, but i had been reading about some STD literally the same day that mentioned marks n the soles of feet as an symptom, so now i am officially freaked out. It is only one one foot, and there is nothing on the palms of my hands.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 5 hours later
Hi there.
Have been a Dermatologist & Venereal specialist for over 15 years post MD now & assure you, there is no chance this can be an STD. Please dont always believe what you read at least where medicine is concerned. It is good to be informed & 'on the ball' so to speak but the 'ball of your foot' is most likely a tiny traumatic blister or hematoma. It needs to be looked at on the ground by a dermatologist or even a GP yes & possible some tiny local intervention to relieve the pain together with an oral anti-inflammatory agent like ibuprofen...but NO it is not an STD especially if only on one foot!
Do take care & hope the pain is relieved soon; hope i have convinced you it is NOT an STD & allayed those fears & do close this query if done & give us a healthy review if you felt it helped you make an informed deciscion in quick time & gave you a sense of closure too ;-)
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD