Noticed sticky stools and having stomach cramps. Guide

My stool has been sticky and i have been having stomach cramps
Been this way for last 3 weeks. My stomach is so nervous its unreal. Excess gas also and bloating make it very hard to sleep
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Do you get any fever, blood in stools, loose motions, foul smell, nausea, vomiting?
Is there any other symptom or altered bowel habit?
Do you mean there is mucus in the stools?
It may well be a bowel infection if there is fever.

I would advise you to get the stool routine examined and take appropriate antibiotic if suggestive of infection.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

Follow-up: Noticed sticky stools and having stomach cramps. Guide 16 minutes later
I have been running a low grade fever of 99 from time to time. No weight loss, no blood, stool not black, and no bad odor. Just sticky and there could be mucous in stool because sometimes its sticky and loose at same time. Hard to clean myself up with this sticky mess. Probiotics help? The bloating and trapped gas causes nausea. Just makes me feel terrible. Sometimes i wake up sweating like crazy for last 2 weeks.
No loose motions

Blessings. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 10 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX thanks for the update.
It does seem to be some infection of the bowel.(entero-colitis)

Please get stool routine and microscopy, hemogram done.
You need to take an antibiotic course including metronidazole or alike ( a quinolone and imidazole group combination) after your doctor's evaluation.

Probiotics may help substitute the good bacteria.
Symptomatic treatment for nausea, bloating, cramps may be taken alongside. Pantoprazole+domperidone or ondansetron and simethicone and high fibre supplement may help. Tramadol may help with pain.

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query anytime.
Thank you!!
Follow-up: Noticed sticky stools and having stomach cramps. Guide 20 minutes later
Are they still using Flagyl and Tetracycline together? A lot of bad press going on about these a quinolone. Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 7 minutes later
Tetracyclines are not quinolones and are not used for this. Tetra has many side effects.
Flagyl and norfloxacin are in good use here. There are newer agents fore gram negative bacteria.
Please be guided by your doctor's advice.